This post applies to ALL students. Please make sure you do them in the order in which I have numbered them!
This is a checklist of things that you need to do over the next few days:
- Read, print, sign and return the Internet Safety Agreement. Please have this done by 8/23/16.
- Read the Academic (dis)Honesty Agreement.
- Read the syllabus for your class (see tabs above). Make sure you read the entire thing. You will be quizzed on 8/23/16.
- Digitally sign, certifying that you have read and understand the syllabus and my Academic Honesty Agreement. Please have this done by 8/23/16. Many students choose not to read the syllabus, despite the fact that you have certified you read it. Please note that you will be held accountable for all the rules and regulations presented in the syllabus. I will never accept the excuse of “I didn’t know”, not matter what.
- Sign-up for a Gmail account (if you don’t already have one). Please ONLY use a Gmail e-mail address when you sign up for your blog.
- Set-up your blog (the window to set-up your blog will be open from 8/20-8/28/16). Make sure you follow the instructions I give in class, otherwise it will be immediately deleted. Please have this done by 8/28/16. DO NOT WRITE ON YOUR BLOG UNTIL YOUR INTERNET SAFETY AGREEMENT HAS BEEN SIGNED AND RETURNED!
- Read the Bi-Weekly Blog Instructions.
- Read about adding photos to your blog.
- Begin looking for blogs to follow and looking through the sites I’ve bookmarked to help you with your bi-weekly blog. Check your calendar for due dates!
We all have different ways we learn best. For example, I am not an auditory learner. If you give me directions, without writing them down, I am completely lost. Why does this matter? It can help you immensely if you identify what kind of learner you are, so then you can study effectively, rather than haphazardly. This site has some good insights and tips. Check it out and see if some of them are useful. (Disclaimer: it has a tremendous amount of ads associated with it. Sorry!)
This post applies to PER 6, 8th grade students. Here’s a check list of things that you need to do over the next few days. Please have everything done by 9/9/15:
1. Read, print and sign the Academic (dis)Honesty Agreement. Please return ONLY the bottom portion.
2. Read the syllabus for your class (see tabs above). Digitally sign, certifying that you have read and understand the syllabus.
3. Fill out the Student Survey.
So many of my students are “plugged in” when it comes to smartphones and pads, yet I’ve noticed not many of you have the very best app around: Evernote. Besides the Google suite this is my #1 go to app. The best part is the syncing ability which I think you will all appreciate. Check it out and download it on all your devices ASAP.